Cycle counting is increasingly becoming popular among firms. It is a process that ensures the physical inventory of the companies is accurately maintained throughout the year. Cycle counting enables the companies to ensure that the physical inventory count perfectly matches the inventory records.
Cycle counting offers companies several benefits. It helps provide better customer services, reduces the chances of errors, and ensures an increased order fulfillment rate. It also enhances the overall closing process. Moreover, it can even detect potential thefts promptly.
Step-by-Step Guide to Enable Cycle Counting
While you may think that cycle counting is enabled by default. However, it is not -you need to allow cycle counting. If you are wondering how to do it, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Go to the top menu and click on the 'Inventory' option.
- Next, look for the 'Cycle Counting' option and click on it.
- Then click on the option 'Yes, enable cycle count.'
- Cycle counting will be now available for use.
Steps to Configure Cycle Counting
Once you have successfully enabled cycle counting, you need to specify how many weeks you want the cycle count to last. To determine the duration, you need to follow specific steps again. Here are the steps that you must follow to ensure the optimal configuration of cycle counting.
- Specify the exact number of weeks that you want the cycle count to last. For instance, if you're going to calculate the inventory two times in a year, you can mention 26 weeks.
- Next, you need to decide whether you want to exclude or include the products that do not have any Bin location.
- To save the configuration made, you need to click on the option 'Save Cycle Counting Settings.'
Steps to Use Cycle Counting
Once you have enabled and configured cycle counting, you can quickly use it to maintain an accurate inventory. Take a look at the steps that you need to follow.
- Use a relevant app for using cycle counting.
- Tap on the menu and select the option 'cycle count.'
- You will be able to see a list of products that can be cycle counted.
- Select the product that you want to be cycle counted and click on 'Confirm.' If you do not like to update the count for a product, you can click on 'Cancel.'
- Continue with the same steps for the other products that are to be cycle counted.
Now that you know all the essential steps to enable, configure, and use cycle counting, you need to start using it. Cycle counting is simple and easy to use. Cycle counting can provide companies with a lot of benefits. It can help the firms in saving time, money, as well as effort. Incorporating cycle counting can enable the firms to get better control over their inventory and eliminate many hassles.