Storage space is one of the biggest concerns for warehouse managers, thereby calling for efficient storage solutions. Drive-in or drive-thru racks can offer a flexible and easy solution for optimizing the cost of operations and storage space in warehouse facilities—the two effective pallet racking systems leverage pallet jacks and forklifts to enable flexible access to the pallets. Rather than taking out inventory from one end, drive-in and drive-thru rack systems offer the flexibility of accessing the aisle from both sides.
Let us learn more about the two racking systems and how they are relevant for modern warehousing facilities.
What are Drive-In and Drive-Thru Racking Systems?
Drive-In and Drive-Thru racking systems are new ways of storing goods in a warehouse. The systems involve forklifts and pallet jacks with flexibility for lift trucks to access pallets from both sides. In this system, the rails attached to the upright frames help support the load.
Why Are Drive-In and Drive-Thru Racking Systems Important?
The foremost advantage of using drive-in and drive-thru warehouse racking systems focuses on better use of available space. With the help of rail beams and uprights, you can store products back-to-back and floor-to-ceiling. As a result, you can keep almost seven times more than the conventional pallet rack shelving systems.
Here are some of the noticeable benefits of the drive-in and drive-thru rack systems.
- Better flexibility for moving lift trucks in the racking system.
- Multiple options for storage configuration enable easy access to goods.
- Lower costs and better storage capacity due to improvements in storage density.
- Flexibility for tailoring the rack systems with desired height and depth.
- Improved control over entry and exit of goods.
Tips for Choosing Drive-In and Drive-thru Racking Systems
Before you go ahead with drive-in or drive-thru systems to rack warehouse facilities of your choice, you must note some essential pointers. Here are a few critical tips to help you make the most of drive-in and drive-thru racking systems.
- Decide whether you need a drive-in or drive-thru racking system. They are suitable for stocking up massive quantities of similar product types.
- It would help if you took note of the products you want to store and their lifecycle. Drive-in and drive-thru racking systems are ideal for frequently used products to avoid expiry concerns.
- In addition, you must have in-depth knowledge regarding forklifts, load capacity of the racks, and other equipment for handling goods.
Are You Ready to Choose Drive-In and Drive-Thru Systems?
Drive-in and Drive-Thru pallet racking systems are practical tools for warehouse managers to optimize storage space. However, it is also essential to take note of the critical considerations before adopting them in your warehouse. Learn more about the benefits of innovative racking systems and the best practices for using them.
Drive-in racks are a great way to organize your warehouse and increase efficiency. If you’re looking for a way to speed up your process and get more organized, drive-in racks may be the answer for you. Need help getting started? Our team can build the tools you need to succeed. Contact us today to learn more!